Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Moon

The moon is bright and clear out here at BWI but one morning it was extra special. About a week ago, I saw the moon in a whole new way. I was up early as usual trying to get ready, talk to Rachel, eat breakfast, talk to Rachel, pack lunch, talk to Rachel, walk to bus for morning work, and call Rachel for last time. Well then it happened. I approached the bus and with no obstructing objects blocking my view, there appeared the moon. Not like ever before did it look and feel so close. It seemed so close I could make out every detail about the moon. It was closer than I have ever seen it before and then I immediately thought of Rachel. I was wondering if she could see it too. You see in the movies and the classic love story of 2 people looking at the moon wondering what the other is doing and I'll be dang if it was true. Unlike the old movies we have international cell phones and skype and email. I called Rachel and shared my love and feelings for her as I watched the moon and she immediately responded back,"I DID THE SAME THING". She was looking at the same moon. She was watching it at the same time with the same feelings and for the first time on BWI me and Rachel felt like we were right beside each other sharing the same moon at the same moment no longer wondering but sharing an instant feeling between us. This actually happened a few days in a row and each morning when the moon was in just the right spot we both looked at it as if we were staring in to each others eyes. A gaze only true lovers can experience and that is what looking at the moon from the 2 different sides of the world feels like. Until next time... Tales from Gregg's down under adventure continues....

No comments:

Post a Comment