Sunday, October 23, 2011

Bearded Homeless Man

Today I looked in the mirror. It was me all right but what did I look like. A HOMELESS MAN. When I came out here I opted out of bringing a beard trimmer due to the fact I had limited space and was planning on shaving every other day. About 4 weeks ago, I realized how long my hair had really gotten, NO BARBERS ON THIS ISLAND, and decided maybe I needed to grow a beard so that I didn't look like a clean shaven hippie with long hair. When I embarked on this plan I didn't really think my beard would have grown at this pace. Well I try to keep the bottom clean but no matter what I do my face has grown like it has fertilizer on it. I dismissed this for a couple of weeks until today. My hair is getting long and my beard is now just getting annoying. I look like a homeless man and feel like one. Every man knows you can not take a razor to a beard without first trimming it down short. Therefore I am stuck with the homeless man look. Every once in a while I get a look of disgust from others but then i look at some of the others in the same boat and we acknowledge in silence this is the path we chose. There aren't many things to do on this island and it is getting hot here. But you know what? I have to be prepared when I land in COLD NO-SHAVE NOVEMBER in ALABAMA. So far all those who think I am not participating this year, You ARE WRONG. I am, and not only am I going to do it, I have a month jump start. I look forward to getting home and cleaning up for me and Rachel to take some nice pictures but till then I will keep the camo homeless man look because the deer seem to like it. Nothing like being an outdoor man. So good luck to all that embark on the no-shave November. Throw away those beard trimmers and clippers and just imagine youre on BWI.

No comments:

Post a Comment