Sunday, October 30, 2011

International Calling... Is it safe?

So last night, the unavoidable finally happened, I called Rachel before bed to say my usual goodnight. Early in the night she tried to call me back and we were having communcation problems so finally I got a connection. At this point she has been at work for an hour or so, and I knew she would be busy but I really just expected to leave a voice mail. Suddenly, She anwsered (or so I thought), and I said, "hello, Hello", and with no response I stayed on the line waiting for her. I could hear a lot of commotion in the background and usually she will answer and then when she finishes up with her convo will talk to me for a few seconds. Well I did like normal and waited patiently, 60 seconds in to the phone call, I HEARD IT, "YOUR DOING GREAT-Nurse, (SCREAMING)-giving birth, KEEP PUSHING!!!!-nurse, (SCREAMING AHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!)-giving birth, KEEP GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAD ENOUGH HAHA. It hit me like a stack of bricks. I just heard a real live birth going slowly and painfully and so I quickly hung up. I layed there in the dark reviewing what I just heard and I just couldnt get my mind to understand it was ok. I wasnt ok, I just heard a live birth, (NORMAL TO RACHEL, NOT NORMAL TO ME), I have never heard someone giving birth before and I smiled because I knew that lady was lucky that she had rachel to take care of her and her baby. Rachel called me back shortly to explain what had happen and to make sure I was ok just like I was a father who passed out. So, rachel forgot to put her phone on silent so the nurse anwsered it right in the middle of delivery to make it stop ringing and she forgot the part about hanging up. So, I ask, Is international calling safe? My advice, when calling overseas to your girlfriend who is a busy OBGYN who averages 7 babies a day at work, BE PREPARED FOR ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! And this first will be just as big as the many others I have had while on BWI!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment