Wednesday, December 21, 2011

My New Drinking Friend

Well the tennis court wore us out once again. the usual time for tennis is 7:30 at night with refreshments coming afterwards at the near by Wet Mess. the usual for me, 2 Coops and 2 Blondes (2 different kinds of australian beer). We sat down and like always the bandicoots are in full swing with the sun fading away over the water. They usually join us at the outdoor tables at the Wet Mess scurrying around for the next dropped peanut. Well tonight, it finally dawned on me, I let one get really close. The bandicoots kinda hop like a kangroo, and are alot more cleanier than rats. they have a short cute tail and a long cute nose. They get close to you and dont bother us. It finally dawned on me, I like my little friends. This certain bandicoot stayed close and hungout with us all night picking up our bits of peanuts that didnt quite make it to our mouths. The little guys dont say much but just scurry around and hangout. After you watch them for a while, the world around you just drowns out and you sit there, amazed about what they are doing, just wondering what they are thinking. It gives you a little peace after a long day and I just sit there to enjoy the simple things of life. So now my afternoons are filled with hard core tennis while the loud drinkers settle back in to there rooms and then we move into the outdoor tables and have a beer, along side our new friends. Like hunting in the swift fall breeze in an alabama oak watching the squirels, some days just end better sipping on a beer watching the bandicoots on barrow island.

No comments:

Post a Comment